Leofoto LH-55 Low Profile Ballhead
PLEASE CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY BEFORE PURCHASE.
Leofoto’s low profile ball heads feature the latest in tripod head design combined with premium materials and precision manufacturing to offer a powerful, ergonomic and easy to use tripod head. A cup machined from aircraft grade aluminium holds a hollow-core ball made from the same material, while Japanese ball bearings ensure smooth panning control and gaskets on all control-knobs keep out dirt and moisture. A low-friction Delrin sleeve is used between the cup and the ball to ensure smooth drag. This combination of cutting-edge design and premium materials puts Leofoto’s products far ahead of most manufacturers in the market, which are still making conventional heads.
Low profile ball heads offer several advantages over conventional ball heads -
- The camera sits closer to the apex, which has several benefits like improved stiffness and a lower center of gravity.
- The cup has a much larger contact area with the ball, allowing greater grip.
- The lower profile design allows the use of a much bigger ball without making the overall head too large. Larger ball = better grip.
- A simpler design means a longer lifespan and better durability in testing conditions.
- Less material and a simpler design means it is lighter and cheaper than a similar sized conventional ball head.
Panning Clamp: Yes/No